Expert Working Group
Digital Controlling Competence
We give you the tools, technologies and competencies to turn your data into value-creating information and decisions.
Upcoming 3D Event of the expert group:
28th of Janunary 2022, 1:30 - 6 p.m.
TOPIC of the upcoming Digital Controlling Competence Event:
'How FP&A experts support cross-departmental decision making to better achieve the company's strategic goals' - this time with key focus on Project/Program Performance Management
- Arrive, find your way in the 3D room (from 1.30 - 2 p.m.)
- 2:00p.m. - 2:45 p.m.: Alexander Hein shows practical examples of modern controlling technologies and discusses their benefits in the plenum
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.: Workshop and Networking in focus areas, e.g. Controlling Technologies & Tools, Learning from pioneer companies
- 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Program & Project Performance Management chaired by Christian Bramkamp
- 4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.: Use case "Digital Controlling Competence" from practice. List GC shows its journey to xP&A (extended planning & analysis).
- 4:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Workshop and Networking in focus areas, e.g. Controlling Technologies & Tools, Learning from pioneer companies
What's in it for you?
A network of science and practice in a 3 dimensional conference setting: experts in digitalization, FP&A, change & process management
Knowledge-Transfer: Experience from pioneering and user companies
Many different angles: S&OP, Project Performance Management, Industry specific solutions etc.
How to transfer fragmented, inefficient processes to fully integrated business planning, both economically and technically
Learning of new competencies and skills for digital processes: Data & Decision Science, Business Partner - many roles for controllers
Expert Group Leader and Core Team
Expert Group Leader
"always go the extra mile" is his motto. As specialist group leader, he is committed to use modern technologies in controlling and teaches at various universities.
Deputy Expert Group Leader
is honorary member of the International Controller Association. In his professional life he drives digital transformation in project driven companies.
Prof. of Business Administration & Core Team Member
teaches at the University of Regensburg in the Controlling departement. He is also a freelance consultant.
Corporate Financial Controller at Villeroy & Boch, Core Team Member
International Scientific Cooperation & Strategic Product Development at smartPM.solutions, Core Team Member
You want to join our active core team?
Key focus areas of the ICV Expert Working Group Digital Controlling Competence
Processes & Optimization
- Automation, predefined content for standardized controlling requirements - supporting the journey to fully integrated business planning.
- Sales & Operations
- Optimization algorithms (e.g. production planning)
- initative planning -> strategic measures / projects
- Project- & program performance mangement
- Sales planning & controlling
- Marketing controlling
- Go-to-market planning
- Fully integrated business planning
State of the art planning methods
- Top-down planning with allocation wizards and "CEO button"
- Value driver-based planning
- flexible countercurrent processes & planning calender
- scenario planning & rolling forecasts
Technology & Tools
- Multi-dimensional & multi-attribute analysis & planning: state of the art, high-performance and scalable BI & CPM tools
- Make AI decision support, mathematics and statistcs easy to grasp and accessible for the controller and apply predictive / prescriptive analytics
- Modern BI functions (dashboards, integrated reporting)
- Office add-ins for live connections to Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Flexible granularity (operational vs. tactical vs. strategic planning) with different time periods (years, months, weeks, days)
- Ensure compliance with the help of the systems though
- User rights
- ICS - SOX 404
- Audit trails
- Performance optimization - applications for large numbers of user, for all web browsers and devices
- ERP & CRM integration - interfaces vs ETL (extraction, transformation & loading)
'At Fabasoft we have modernized our controlling departement and processes within a few short weeks and made it ready for the future. The success factors and lessons learned from such a transformation project are diverse, and we would like to share our experience with a larger controlling community. ' Dado Mekic, Acting Head of Finance at Fabasoft
My passion for controlling has accompanied me for more than 15 years. Much has changed in the world during this time. You have to constantly adapt yourself and your way of life in order to keep up. This is no different for the professional world either. From my point of view, modern controlling therefore requires “state-of-the-art” processes and systems in order to be able to make a value-adding contribution to the respective company.We at Villeroy & Boch are constantly trying to evolve further, so I look forward to an exchange with you and look forward to having interesting discussions. Pascal Speicher, Corporate Financial Controller Villeroy & Boch